Wednesday, October 5, 2011

excerpt teaser number 5 Nudging Cupid

How close is the release now and at this point you should be getting an idea of where Ivy and Owen are heading, so here's a tad more.
Enjoy.


“Ivy, what in hell are you doing because it sure as hell isn’t doing your job.”

Ivy glanced around and was thankful she would be going through this embarrassing beheading without an audience to say, “It so did happen. I was there!” when they congregated around the water cooler.

“I know what you’re thinking, Matt, but I can explain.” With her palms up and her eyes pleading, she hoped to dear God he still had a heart somewhere in that broad Armani-clad chest.

“I don’t want to hear your pitiful explanations, sweetheart. I want to know what you’re going to do about the crush this Owen guy has on you. Ever since the day-makers incident, which by the way, I think you would have ducked out of the way yourself and not come up with that…” He reached out to stroke the small abrasion on her forehead that was now a tinge of yellow as it healed. There were two fresh butterfly bandages Owen had applied after they showered earlier in the evening that kept it from further damage.

It seems like an eternity ago, she thought as she slightly pulled away from Matt’s touch and felt the two little plastic adhesives with her own fingers.

“Hellooo.” Matt’s impatience penetrated her mind and she whipped to attention. She could tell by his scornful frown he was not pleased by her lack of interest toward him.

“I’m sorry. What do you mean, crush?” she said coyly.

Matt tilted his head down and one eyebrow rose before he rolled his eyes. “You know what I’m talking about, and you need to put him in his place or I will. We both saw the look he gave both of us today, not to mention the looks he sneaks when he thinks no one’s looking.”


Ooh, I don't like Matt.

See you tomorrow

Kez

No comments: