Sunday, June 17, 2012

How I wrote over 40,000 words in 18 days

Just keep writing, just keep writing, just keep writing. 

Dory, you're a genius!

It's one of those things that writers dream of and for a change the universe is smiling upon my writing as the words flow with ease and at a pace I've never experienced before. Does this mean it's a great story?
 I freaking hope so! 
During this 50k in 30day challenge a few things have come to light in my career, 
  1. I work well under a deadline (surprisingly well considering my work load in my day job and family commitments)
  2. I've found if I actually follow my own advice (ie; the 'write a beautiful mess' blog I did not long ago) the story keeps flowing.
  3. And thirdly, ??? means come back later and hopefully then you will find the right word. lol
I started the 50k challenge with book one of my YA trilogy finished and book two started, I had an outline of the three book synopsis and now over two thousand words into the third and I'm feeling the high of success before I've even pitched it. 
Sure, book two still needs to be edited as will book three but right now, while the words are flowing I dare not stop. I see the accomplishments of my fellow writers and I feel the joy they are sharing, and for those who may be struggling, I empathize (I've been there too.)
But at the end of the day, if there is any advice I can pass on to help others, it is to keep writing and don't stop, not even to edit or search for that perfect word/phrase. Read my 'write a beautiful mess' blog, and hopefully it will help you too.
And lastly, reward yourself with a break. Right now I am about to read a favourite book that come in the mail last week by an awesome author.
Happy writing and reading.
Kez

1 comment:

Kez said...

I've got a lot of ??? in mine :)