Saturday, June 14, 2014

Little Inspirations.


Inspirations come from all over and you take them when an where you can get them.
I find I get most whilst watching a movie or reading a book, sometimes I get them from something my kids say. The most illusive ideas are our dreams, well, they are illusive to me because I dream and my Dory brain forgets. I know it was awesome and filled with enough emotion I think it's real. I wake up and say, OMFG, that will make an epic storyline, and then I go back to sleep. What happens between those inspiring and blissful moments, I have no freaking idea. It's as though my dreams were socks and they fell into the Bermuda Triangle never to be seen again. 
Now, I know, you want to scream at me because I don't write them down. Believe me, I have given such advice, but when hubs gets up at 4:30am each morning to work, you tend not to disturb him by turning a light on.
But I am getting off track now, what I want to say is that when inspiration strikes, it's like a flame to a bomb fire....sadly, when it's not firing, it is barren ash just taunting you about its once loved heat.
What do I do if I have no kindling, no firelighters and the clouds are threatening to open up?
I don't panic, because somewhere around me will be the flicker of a flame I need, the smouldering coal I thought had cooled; what I do is chill.
Watch your favourite movie, read that book you have been putting off, open up your doc and read the last couple of chapters, because they all work for me.
Today, I didn't dream, I didn't watch decent TV, all because my hubs claims  the remote and the tablet. It was war' male against the females in the house...what in the end did I make of this?
A FREAKING COOL SCENE IDEA!
So, I'm off to write after four days of barren ash.
Go find your flame for your inspiration, whatever your goal/project.
I always say, Never Give Up!

Happy reading  

No comments: